Friday, July 10, 2009

Half way to go

Hi guys!!
Thank you so much for all the love and support you have been giving this whole time!

So, with comfort in where i am staying is better then outside! (we are in tent city inside the church) I have been waking up at 6:00-6:30am (uganda time) and going to bed at 10ish. I have felt right at home this whole time, and the extreme love of the people is unreal!
When we first came up the hill (really really bumpy hill :S) to the 10a property the church is on; we were greeted by swarms of little blackchildren. All of them singing, dancing and welcoming us.
The thing that got me is, really, once you think about it, they didn't even know me, they didn't know if they would like me (which they do, thankfully), and yet they were screaming "HELLO!!! WELCOME TO UGANDA!!"... I feel so loved here, so at home.

On my teams first Care and compassion day we visited this home were the mother was 6 months pregnant and the father was a teacher who came back twice or so a month (because he worked over a day of travel away); what we didn't know was this woman was a mother of 10 (going on 11). Living in hard conditions, with 11 children, no husband (most of the time). As she shared her story tears streamed down her eyes, our translator told us she said she kept her faith strong through the community of believers that were around her. She was afraid her husband would leave her for another woman, but he is a strong believer also (she still has doubts, but has faith). She asked us to pray for provision; i got to pray over her and her family.
After we said goodbye we surprised her with the clothes, food, trees, piglet, and school supplies for her family... she thanked us so much for coming, being the hands and feet of Jesus.

I have 5 or so minuets left so i had better run!!
I want you guys to know that i miss you love you and wish you could experience this with me too.

Love you Mom, Dad, Netanya, Rebekah, and Joslynn!
Say hi to everyone for me! And tell grandma happy bday for me!

Keep praying! That's all i can say!! :D
Love Tikvah

7 comments:

  1. Tikvah I am so happy you feel at home!
    that Care and compassion day must have been such an amazing experiance.

    I knew the children would like you ^^ never a doubt. You are so good with kids and Adults I am overjoyed of the blessing that has been bestowed on you and the work you have been doing.

    As wonderful and awesome the work you are doing over there and how prowd I am of you I am counting the days till you get home.
    As an older sister I like you where my arms can reach you and protect you.

    As you have warned me about the posibility of culture shock from you I must warn you about "overprotective, arms length, 'I'm never letting you out of my sight again', stalker" sister sindrome.
    I can't wait to be waiting for you at the airport 2hours early, paceing the floor, and creeping out the security on the day of your arival home!

    I love you so much Tikvah.
    Say Hi to everyone for me!
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI TIKVAH! HI TIKVAH!

    I am jumping up and down right now! so full of joy as I read your blog!

    What an awesome blessing to be able to pray for that woman and give her physical help as well--a piglet! did you carry it to her home?


    It is hard to believe that you only have 9 days left in Africa! I would love it SO much if I could experience life in Africa...I'm sure I would never be the same!
    I believe the Lord connects our spirit with those we give ourselves to and this would prove to be a challenge for ME when it came time to leave.

    'He who did not spare His own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will He not also, along with Him, graciously give us all things'
    Roms 8:32

    I am praying that the Lord will graciously give you the ability to love those around you fully and then release them into God's hands as you leave Africa with much peace and more love in your heart then you thought possible.

    It is suppose to be really hot here tomorrow so I will be thinking of you as I melt...I pray you have a great time with the kids tomorrow!

    ...never stop teaching and proclaiming the good news! my paraphrase of Acts 5:42

    Tikvah, my heart cannot contain all my love for you and yet Jesus loves you more...this is SO amazing to me! I struggle to wrap my mind around this!

    I so want to see a video of YOU dancing with the Ugandan people! This is how I envision your church experience! Dance before the Lord!
    'Let them PRAISE His name with dancing and make music to him with tambourine and harp.
    For the Lord takes DELIGHT in His people..'
    Ps 149:3-4

    Tikvah YOU are a delight to the Lord and have I told you lately, I feel blessed to be your mother?

    TONNES of LOVE from ME to YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tikvah! Just want to let you
    know that I love you sooooo much, and I'm
    praying for you buddy!Keep showing them all God's love! Axe and Roses! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. chi chi Tikvah,

    I know without a shadow of a doubt that you and the team have experienced the great power of the Holy Spirit to change hearts minds and body!

    'Praise Him for His acts of POWER'
    Ps 150:2

    I thank God for you and the team; for being so open to what the Lord's purpose of this trip is for the Ugandans ,as well as, for yourselves.
    The Lord has blessed me At times with the sense of being there with you----through your hands and feet the work project will progress to completion!
    so thank you for your faithfulness to God in following His direction, even when sacrifice has been and contiues to be a huge requirement!

    '..commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.'
    1Pet 4:19

    I feel the need to pray for the care and compassion you will be involved in on Thursday.

    'So we say with confidence,
    The Lord is MY helper;
    I will NOT be afraid'
    Heb 13:6

    'Cast all your cares upon Him because He cares for YOU' Be self-controlled and alert.'
    1 Pet 4:7-8a

    This will be a powerful experience and I thank the Lord that He is so willing to show you who He is and allow you to be part of His loving plan!

    'May the God of PEACE, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, EQUIP YOU with EVERYTHING good to do HIS will, and may He WORK IN US what is pleasing TO Him through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen'

    Heb 13:20-21

    with great expectancy for you and the team,
    PEACEFULLY YOURS,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am an old friend of the family, (we left Vancouver 7 years ago), so you wouldn't remember me, but I just read this blog and am thrilled with God's work in your life and through you! Praising Him for it all!

    Blessings,

    Robin Gilman

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your short crazy sister...July 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM

    TIKVAH...... Tikvah.... TiiiiiiiikkkkkvAhhhhhhhhhh...........

    Oh there you are....Huh? Why am I calling you? That's easy ;)

    I wanted to make sure you are comeing home ^^
    I understand it maybe a ton of Fun overthere serving the lord and All.... and I don't mean to be a selfish sister but.... "are you home yet?" :(

    I want to see all the pictures you took and hear all the stories!!!
    I can't wait to sit on the edge of your bed at 3am listening to all the hyped stories you have cus neither of us can sleep. ^_^

    did you have tea in London?

    Did the kids pronounce your name corectly the first time like mom said they probably could?

    oh I hope you don't think me cheezy but...
    I'm bringing flowers to the airport for you.

    don't you try and stop me ^^


    Love you SOOOOOOOOOOO much!!!
    your sis,
    Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tikvah!!
    I am so happy your trip is turning out so wonderful and that you're able to spread God's word and love to those people. My family and I have been prayin' non-stop for you and that you're able to impact so many lives while you're there.

    I hope you have a safe return and that God blesses you & your teams efforts tremendously.

    God bless and Keep safe,

    ~C~

    ReplyDelete