Thursday, June 18, 2009

Less then two weeks...

Oh my goodness, I just can't believe it!

In less then two weeks now, I'm going to be getting on a plane and flying to Entebbe, Uganda, Africa. For the first time.

Now this is the time frame when most people ask me if I'm nervous or scared about going to a "New, exciting place." I find that now I'm a little nervous, but I'm more excited than nervous. It's a happy mix between the two... You know what I mean? I am actually very surprised that I have the peace about it that I do. The Lord and my family have been the great foundation from which I am building up spiritually during this time in my life.


On Tuesday, I was babysitting for a family, and the father of the children came up to me and asked me "Isn't it dangerous there in Africa...I mean what are you guys doing for protection over there?” When he said that I felt shocked, what was he saying? After a few minutes I came to a conclusion that his concern was not my own. I know that God has a plan, and that going to Uganda was meant to happen, why can't he keep me safe there if it is his will? If he wants me to be safe I’ll be safe; and I will rest in the knowledge that he’ll be watching me the whole time.


Journaling I find is very important right now before you go somewhere (to bed even), because when you’re confused, flustered, or even angry the only person seeing the paper is you and God (and he's not going to tell). Looking back on my past journal entries from earlier this year I've found things that I've prayed about and left for God, really worked out into being something great in the end. Even if it's a major screw-up on something, or a need for love and forgiveness from someone, I've found when I give it to him it really makes life the way it was always meant to be.


I would like to ask for your prayers over this trip and this team as we prepare spiritually, and physically. Please pray that God will speak through us, that we would be his hands and feet and listen to his voice.


With Love,
Tikvah

7 comments:

  1. Rebekah and Anna PickardJuly 3, 2009 at 11:50 AM

    Hey Tikvah.
    this is your sister Rebekah.
    Just wanted to say we miss you and hope you are having a good safe time.

    ok here is mom ^^ Love you.

    Tikvah,
    you are like a breath of fresh air--
    life giving.

    I miss the radiant light in your eyes

    I miss your presence in the room

    I miss the peace you extend in conversations

    I miss the joy your smile expresses

    I miss the freely given mercy when I screw up

    I miss your supportive hug

    'for He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in His sight' Eph 1:4

    'the Lord watches over the way of the righteous' Ps 1:6

    Tikvah, ask for wisdom in the moment of need in each and every situation...the Lord will FREELY give you wisdom Prov 2

    I know the Lord's Love and faithfulness will never leave you and He loves you more than I every could. You have been in His hands everyday of your life and so I am at peace and pray without ceasing for you and the gang.
    SO MUCH LOVE I AM BURSTING,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sweetie:
    It was sure strange to come home without you here. I do miss you but know that God is doing a great work in you and growing you way beyond your years. I look forward to seeing you and spending good times at Creation. I am working on a promotion to Night Shift Bus Coordinator and just have to wait until all the paper work is done. It looks like God is doing a work in both of us and I pray that He continues. Lot's of love.... DADDIO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tikvah!

    I miss you. I hope your flight was good and I can't wait to see any pictures you took.
    we are sanding the boat and painting it a very nice purple. I hope to hear from you soon.
    love Netanya

    Tikvah,

    I heard a song by Lin.Brewster and was inspired to pray that the Lord would give you REST and RENEWAL today.

    'The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ENDS of the earth.
    He will not grow tired and weary, and His understanding NO ONE CAN FATHOM.

    He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
    Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
    but those who HOPE in the Lord will RENEW their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.'
    Isa 40:28-31

    I wonder what African church is like?

    I think that is where you are today…

    ...'in QUIETNESS and TRUST is your STRENGTH'
    Isa 30:15

    I love and miss you,
    I feel privileged to be ...
    your mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl.
    The outside of the boat is purple now, we finished it today and I have working on setting up the electrical stuff in the camper. As usual I am working too hard on my time off but I want everything to be ready for creation and want to try to take out the boat before then. I am trying to get the week starting the 17th off so I have 2 weeks off and can meet you at the Airport on Monday when you return. I can feel your excitement and we will not stop praying for protection and a safe return.
    LOts if LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tikvah,

    How are you doing today?
    As I awoke, with a stiff neck, this morning I thought about how your physical body must be holding up...sleeping on a dirt floor.
    I pray for you, as you give of yourself (allowing God to work through you) to others that you will be SO AWARE of the Holy Spirit's presence empowering you to walk through each and every circumstance!

    'I pray that out of His glorious riches He may STRENGTHEN you with POWER through His SPIRIT in your INNER being,...And I pray that you being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,
    and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that YOU may be FILLED to the measure of all the fullness of God.
    Eph 3:16-19

    Tikvah I am confident the Lord is filling you with compassion for others and working through you to express His unconditional love for those around you.

    Is it girls day today?

    Are you going to the zoo?

    Have you been playing soccer with the children?

    By the way, I just wanted you to know we ordered your soccer TEAM jacket and pants today.

    I LOVE YOU SO MUCH and PRAY that the Spirit of God would FULLY Embrace your heart FOR ME,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning Tikvah,

    Remember we brought the puppy to the airport?well, we are still puppy sitting 'Sydney' and she wakes the house at 7 am...it's GREAT... I LUUVV IT ! IT'S FANTASTIC!
    Seriously Netanya is getting up to let her out !

    I hope you are having a wonderful day interacting, sharing who you are with the girls and boys.
    I pray YOU May experience peace today.

    I look forward to hearing about your trip into Kampala, I pray it is a SAFE JOURNEY for the team and that many seeds are planted, germinate and grow.

    'Let us then approach the throne of grace with CONFIDENCE, so that we may RECEIVE mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need'
    Heb 4:16

    Katonda abawe emigisa,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tikvah!

    Auntie Natalie and Tommy came to visit today!
    we also had a potential puppy buyer come from Alberta to see Sunshine and Ringo!

    How are you doing?
    I sure hope you get to blog soon. I am sure it will come ... I patiently await and
    I wonder how your trip into Kampala went?
    '...For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you have received the Spirit of sonship and by Him we cry, Abba, Father.'
    Roms 8:15

    Abba Father would you surround Tikvah with your loving embrace and may she REST in your presence today, right now.

    I love and miss you very much,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete